Friday, June 13, 2008

Beauty is an Inside Job

One of the worst outcomes of poor body image is that it often becomes systemic – taking all of one’s self esteem and day-to-day joy-of-life with it.

If only we could say, my big butt is not my best feature, and love the rest of ourselves completely. My big butt is not who I am; for many of us, we will allow thoughts and feelings about a body part to run our lives.

Our outside body starts to kill our inside spirit.

We must come to the conclusion that the popular idea, sold by millions of weight loss experts and fads, that we will lose weight and then love ourselves simply isn’t working, is it?

Usually you get one of the following results:

a) You can’t put aside the self loathing and stop continue to overeat.

b) You can’t, “love the new skin you’re in,” and even though you might lose a few pounds, you gain it back immediately.

c) The self loathing didn’t fade with the pounds. You do lose weight, but you still don’t really love yourself or believe you’re beautiful and magnificent.

So here’s the big What If.

What if you make weight loss an inside job?

Just try it on for size:

1) Remember, popularity is when other people like me. Happiness is when I LIKE ME. Say this to yourself out loud right now, I will like me today! Because (i.e., I am wise, I am smart, I am generous, etc.) … _______________________, __________________, __________________.

2) You are what you eat. So don’t eat crap. Stop hanging out with people who deplete your energy and your spirit. Just for today!

3) Enjoy a day of fun physical activity – whatever level you are at, and eat great foods today just because you can.

Because the truth is that beauty is an inside job!

B e
E verything
A wesome
U nique
T errifically
Y ou

Because you are the only YOU that you get!

*******************************************************************

Finally, I am still interviewing people to fill the last few spots in my upcoming 12-week pilot program: Loving What You See in the Mirror (Crucial Components to Permanent Weight Loss). Please call me immediately if you would like to be considered (415-464-1234).
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Laura Fenamore, Body Image Mastery Mentor

www.LauraFenamore.com

No comments: